Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Samhain 2009 - Details

Possibly pics to come soon? I know I saw someone at that house with a camera...

----

Invoking Athena + Others
In the name of all those we hold dear
In the name of all the gods and goddesses, known and unknown
In the name of Athena Sophia, our patron and friend
In the name of the spirits we honor and the loved ones we adore
We acknowledge this space and this time as sacred
We guard and protect our circle and this rite
Benevolent energy shall be welcomed with open arms
Malevolence will be cast out and kept out with the drawing of the circle.
In the names and powers of gods, mortals, and the very spirit of Samhain
So mote it be.


Persephone Chant
Persephone
Maiden of Spring
Life to all the earth you bring
Persephone
Queen of the Dead
One day with you we'll break our bread.


I tried my hand at getting a loose Spanish translation and while it's not perfect, I think I got the rhyme and rhythm to do what I wanted.

Persephone
Primavera (Spring)
Al mundo trae la vida (To the world you bring life)
Persephone
Reina Muerte (Queen Death/Queen of the Dead/Reign of Death)
Sea nuestra guía fuerte. (Be our strong guide)

No comments:

Post a Comment